Parts ordering from Marine Dealer:
- When ordering engine and/or sterndrive parts, either on-line or at your local marine dealer, you are the technician and you are deciding what correct parts you need and for what purpose.
- When ordering parts for your engine and/or sterndrive it is recommended to have the engine serial number. If you don’t have the serial number, then you are guessing on the correct part and as stated above, you are the technician and responsible for the purchase.
- When ordering belts or hoses, you need the number on belt / hose and engine serial number.
- Ask the counterparts sales person if there are any additional parts or special tools you should get to help you complete the job correctly, then you as the technician can decide if you want to purchase the items.
Aftermarket Replacement Parts:
- In general; Genuine Mercury OEM & Quicksilver replacement parts and comparable aftermarket replacement parts retail at close to the same price.
- Most Mercury OEM parts are built to a better quality then the aftermarket; also Mercury is constantly improving replacement parts for better durability and operation as designed.
- Mercury & Quicksilver replacement parts have a 1-Year Mercury warranty. If your Mercury or Quicksilver part is installed on your engine, sterndrive or boat by a Mercury dealer and fails within the warranty period, then Mercury Marine will replace the part and pay a Mercury dealer, under warranty for the labor to replace it. Before purchasing aftermarket parts, ask if the manufacturer will do the same.
Throttle & Shift Cables
- Throttle cables and shift cables are sold in lengths per foot.
- Morris cables are no longer available but replacements are sold by Quicksliver & Teleflex.
- PRO Boats carries Mercury/Quicksilver Throttle, Shift and Steering cable systems.