PRO BOATS IS A MERCURY DEMO PROP DEALER.
Test a new propeller style before buying. See if there’s a better prop style for your boating demands!
AVAILABLE DEMO PROPELLERS
- Bravo-1 (4-Blade stainless steel) – 22P RH, 24P RH & 24P LH, 26P RH, 28P RH
- Enertia (3-Blade stainless steel) – 17P-RH & 17P-LH, 19P-RH & 19P-LH, 21P-RH & 21P-LH
- FURY (3-Blade stainless steel) – 24P-RH, 25P-RH, 26P-RH
- High Five (5-Blade stainless steel) – 19P-RH, 21P-RH, 23P-RH
- Mirage ( 3-Blade stainless steel) – 15P-RH & 15P-LH, 17P-RH, 23P-RH, 25P-RH
- Revolution-4 (4-Blade stainless steel) – 17P RH & 17P LH, 19P RH & 19P LH, 21P RH, 23P RH, 25P RH
- Trophy Plus (4-Blade stainless steel) – 21P RH, 23P RH, 24P RH, 25P RH, 26P RH, 27P RH
DEMO PROP PROGRAM
- Demo prop program requires deposit equal to price of propeller.
- You can test a variety of propellers and sizes; one propeller at a time.
- Once you have found the correct propeller for your needs, we will provide you with the new propeller.
- If a demo propeller shows damage, including nicked or grazed blade edges then the standard repair rate will be charged.
- If you do not purchase a propeller from PRO BOATS, a $60.00 service charge will be accessed and remainder of deposit will be refunded.
BASIC PROP TESTS
Whether you are looking at a prop for top speed, wakeboard /skiing or general boating;
two things are important with all applications:
- #1 PERIOD is WOT (engine RPM at wide open throttle) most engines have a 400 to 500RPM window at maximum RPM. Example: Power Band @ WOT = 4500 to 5000RPM; this means, engine requires @ WOT 4500RPM minimum when boat has a full load and a maximum RPM of 5000 with a minimum load ( 1 to 2 people and less than a half tank of fuel).
Wide open throttle maximum RPM range must be able to be reached with any propeller used under any application.
- Get boat up on Plane Time: How fast can the boat get up on plane. This especially important for skiing and wakeboarding.
NOTE: Load boat @ 2-persons maximum and ½ tank or less of fuel.
- On-Plane test: What RPM does engine rev-up to before boat starts moving?On-Plane test: What is time to get boat up on full plane? How many seconds?
- NOTE: Do two tests of each, one throttling fast from idle to WOT and one rolling on throttle to ¾+ throttle position.
- Wide Open Throttle test: What RPM does engine have @ WOT?
- NOTE: Run maximum RPM for at least 10 seconds. Set drive trim, trim tabs for maximum boat lift to give maximum RPM and boat speed.
- 1/4 throttle or 2500RPM to WOT test:
- Does boat accelerate easily?
- Does prop slip/break loose (RPM goes up fast then stops)?
- Easy turns test: Take easy turns at ½ throttle:
- Does boat handle to water?
- Does prop spin/ break loose?
MERCURY PROPELLER MODELS
To purchase Propellers you can; Call us at 888-861-6757 or 909-599-0531
E-Mail thru our Contact Us page
Note: S.S. = Stainless Steel / RH = Right Hand / LH = Left Hand
- ALPHA-4 (4-Blade Aluminum) 16-18-20 Pitch RH & LH
- BLACK DIAMOND (4-Blade Aluminum) 5-7 Pitch RH
- BLACK MAX (3-Blade Auminum) 6 thru 16 Pitch RH 17-19-21-23-25 Pitch RH & LH
- BRAVO-1 (4-Blade S.S.) 22-24-26-28-30-32-34-36 Pitch RH & LH
- BRAVO-1 LAB FINISH (4-Blade S.S.) 22-24-25-26-27-28-29-30-31-32 33-34-35-36-37 Pitch RH & LH
- BRAVO-1 Vented LAB FINISH (4-Blade S.S.) 22-23-24-25-26-27-28 29-30-32-34-36 Pitch RH & LH (hub kit not included)
- BRAVO-1FS PRO FINISH (4-Blade S.S.) 22-23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30 31 RH & LH (hub kit not included)
- BRAVO-1XS PRO FINISH (4-Blade S.S.) 22-23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30 31 RH (hub kit not included)
- BRAVO-2 (3-Blade S.S.) 11-13-15-17-19-21-23-25 Pitch RH & LH
- BRAVO-2 (3-Blade Aluminum) 11-13-15-17-19-21-23-25 Pitch RH & LH
- BRAVO-3 (4-Blade S.S.Front & 3-Blade S.S. Rear Sold Seperately) 19-20-21-22.5-24-26-28 Pitch RH & LH in Matte or High Polish Finish
- BRAVO-3 Diesel (4-Blade S.S.Front & 3-Blade S.S. Rear Sold Separately) 21-23-25-27 Pitch RH & LH
- BRAVO-3 XR PRO FINISH (4-Blade S.S.Front & 3-Blade S.S. Rear Sold Separately) 21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28 Pitch RH & LH
- ENERTIA (3-Blade S.S.) 11-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22 Pitch RH 11-13-14-15-17-19-21 Pitch LH
- FURY (3-Blade S.S.) 24-25-26-27 Pitch RH
- HIGH FIVE (5-Blade S.S.) 17-19-21-23-25 Pitch RH
- LASER II (3-Blade S.S.) 19-20-21-22-24-26 Pitch RH
- MIRAGE PLUS (3-Blade S.S.) 13-15-17-18-19-21-23-25-27 Pitch RH 15-17-18-19-21-23-25-27 Pitch LH
- MIRAGE PLUS LAB FINISH (3-Blade S.S.) 23-25-27-29 Pitch RH & LH
- REVOLUTION-4 (4-Blade S.S.) 15-17-19-21-23-25 Pitch RH & LH
- REVOLUTION-4 LAB FINISH (4-Blade S.S.) 19-21-23-25 Pitch RH & LH (hub kit not included)
- SPITFIRE (4-Blade Aluminum) 9.5-10-11-12-13-14-15-17-19-21-23 Pitch RH
- TEMPEST PLUS (3-Blade S.S.) 17-19-21-23-25-26-27-29 Pitch RH & LH
- TROPHY PLUS (4-Blade S.S.) 17-19-21-23-24-25-26-27-28 Pitch RH
- TROPHY SPORT (4-Blade S.S.) 12-13-14-15 Pitch RH
- VENGEANCE (3-Blade S.S.) 9-9.5-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-21-23 Pitch RH 17-19-21-23 Pitch LH
- VENSURA (4-Blade S.S.) 17-19-21-23 Pitch RH & LH
- ZEUS H-SERIES (5-Blade S.S. Front & 4-Blade S.S. Rear Sold Seperately)
- H6-H7-H8-H9-H10-H11-H12-H13-H14-H15-H16-H17 Pitch RH & LH
- ZEUS Z-SERIES (4-Blade S.S.Front & 3-Blade S.S. Rear Sold Seperately)
- Z6-Z7-Z8-Z9-Z10-Z11-Z12-Z13-Z14-Z15-Z16-Z17-Z18-Z19 Pitch RH & LH
- ZEUS M-SERIES (5-Blade S.S.Front & 4-Blade S.S. Rear Sold Seperately) M0-M1-M2-M3-M4-M5-M6-M7-M8-M9-M10-M11-M12-M13-M14 Pitch RH & LH
MERCURY RACE PROPELLERS
- BRAVO-3 XR PRO FINISH (4-Blade S.S.Front & 3-Blade S.S. Rear Sold Separately) 21-23-24-25-26-27-28 Pitch RH & LH
- MAXIMUS-Standard Hub (5-Blade S.S.) 24-26-28-30-32-34 Pitch RH & LH 1-1/4″ S.S. Hub Kit
- MAXIMUS-Long Tube LAB Finish (5-Blade S.S.) 23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30-31-32 33-34-35 Pitch RH & LH with 1-1/4″ Heavy Duty S.S. Hub Kit
- MAXIMUS-Short Tube LAB Finish (5-Blade S.S.) 23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30-31-32-33-34-35 Pitch RH & LH with 1-1/4″ Heavy Duty S.S. Hub Kit
- LIGHTNING E.T. LAB Finish (3-Blade S.S.) 22P RH 24-26-28-30-32 Pitch RH & LH
- PRO E.T. LAB Finish (4-Blade S.S.) 26-28-30-32 Pitch RH & 32P LH
- PRO E.T. POLISH Finish (4-Blade S.S.) 26-28-30-32 Pitch RH & 32P LH
- PRO MAX LAB Finish (4-Blade S.S.) 24-26-28-30-32 Pitch RH
- PRO MAX LAB Finish (4-Blade S.S.) 23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30-31-32 Pitch RH
- CHOPPER II (3-Blade S.S.) 10-3/8″x18 Pitch RH 10 Spline & 13 Spline
- CHOPPER II (3-Blade S.S.) 22 RH 24-26-28-30-32 Pitch RH & LH (Hub Kit not included)
- CLEAVER (3-Blade S.S.) 11″-11.5″-12″Dia / 14-16-18-20-22 Pitch RH
- CLEAVER PRO Finish (3-Blade S.S.) 15″Dia / 28-30-32-34 Pitch RH & LH
- CLEAVER LAB Finish (3-Blade S.S.) 15″Dia /28-30-32-34 Pitch RH & LH
- CLEAVER LAB Finish (3-Blade S.S.) 14.5″Dia / 28-30-32-34 Pitch RH & LH
- CLEAVER STOCK or LAB Finish (4-Blade S.S.) 14.5″-15″Dia / 26-28-30-32-34 Pitch RH & LH
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT PROPELLERS
One of the most important aspects of boat performance is the propeller. The Propeller PITCH must be correct for your boat to get up to it’s full potential; no matter what size of engine or kind of boat.
Pitch is theoretical distance, in inches a propeller moves forward per one revolution. A 24-inch pitch prop should move forward 24 inches with each 360 degree turn @ 100% efficiency. Slippage is the amount of forward movement lost per revolution.
The goal in selecting prop pitch is to be able to run the engine at, or near manufacturer’s recommended maximum RPM when at full throttle with a typical load in the boat, trimmed up for speed.
With a pitch too high (over propped) the engine won’t reach maximum RPM, slow to get up on plane and have sluggish performance.
With a pitch too low (under propped) the boat will jump up on plane quickly (or worst case, spin the prop and over rev the engine while slowly coming up to plane), accelerates quickly, breaks the prop loose in turns, causing the engine to rev-up and slip the prop and at wide open throttle (WOT), exceed maximum RPM.
Neither condition is healthy for the engine, fuel economy and especially performance.
At WOT a increase or decrease of each inch of pitch is equal to 150-200 RPM; decrease pitch by one = increase in maximum RPM 150-200. Increase pitch by one = decrease in maximum RPM 150-200.
Once a “base line” prop pitch is established for WOT, the next step is to choose a prop that will best handle your boating style and requirements.
PROPELLER REPAIR PRICES
All propellers are trued and balanced prior to being hand polished to a mirror finish.
(Polishing excluded on aluminum)
Pricing includes most repairs. If repair requires excessive welding or major reshaping, additional charges may apply.
You will be notified prior to repair.
STAINLESS STEEL THROUGH HUB PROPELLERS
- Three Blades: $195.00 Dia. over 16″: $230.00
- Four Blades: $210.00 Dia. over 16″: $250.00
- Five Blades: $240.00 Dia. over 16″: $270.00
- Six Blades: $270.00 Dia. over 16″: $340.00
STAINLESS STEEL OVER HUB PROPELLERS
- Three Blades: $170.00
- Four Blades: $195.00
- Five Blades: $215.00
STAINLESS STEEL & STEEL V DRIVE PROPELLERS
- Two Blade Rework/Repair: $165.00
- Three Blade Rework/Repair: $190.00
- Three Blades: $90.00
- Four Blades: $110.00
BRASS/BRONZE NIBRAL PROPELLERS
- Three Blades: $125.00
- Four Blades: $145.00
- Over 17″ Diameter: $240.00 & UP
RACE PREP LAB SERVICE
PROP SLIP CALCULATOR